Economic Development Authority
Why Live Work & Play in Lanesboro?
LIVE WORK & PLAY IN LANESBORO, MINNESOTA
Greetings, our Lanesboro Livability Website Tab is meant to serve as a welcoming front door to our community. The tab hosts a variety of information with an emphasis on obtaining or developing housing, information pretaining to our school and local child care services, starting or expanding a business, and participating in our area recreational and community events. We hope you encounter how to LIVE, WORK, & PLAY in Lanesboro, Minnesota.
- 1 hr – LaCross, WI
- 1 hr – Winona, MN
- 1 hr – Austin, MN
- 40 min – Rochester, MN
- 40 min – Decorah, IA
- 2 hrs – Minneapolis, MN
Are you thinking of buying or building a home in Lanesboro?
We have a large number of resources and tools to help you. Lanesboro has single-family homes, apartments, and senior living, much of which is within walking distance of our historic downtown featuring shops, restaurants and bars/pubs, two theatres, a gym, and more. The Root River is another beautiful part of the town featuring some of the best trout fishing in the country. Along the Root River are miles of paved bike trails.
Use the resources below to help you find a new home.
Start/Expand a Businesses
The City of Lanesboro Economic Development Authority (EDA) is committed to the growth and expansion of businesses, jobs, and community development in and around the City of Lanesboro.
The EDA can assist with, Loans/Grants, Business Development, and Site Selection.
Follow the link below to help start a business or find employment.
Or for more information, contact Cathy Enerson. EDA Director.
Lanesboro Public Schools offer a wide range of childcare from infant to after school childcare. View the full page of child car options below.
- Experienced, qualified teachers and support staff
- Hot breakfast and lunch and provided through the Lanesboro Public School meal program plus a healthy afternoon snack at no extra charge to day care participants
- 1st in the State of Minnesota to offer daycare within the school system (1988)
- Offered for all families interested in Lanesboro Schools
- Licensed for up to 98 children
- Separate entrance just for daycare
- Children ages 6 weeks to 12 years can be accommodated
- Hours from 6:30am to 6:00pm
- Escorted to and from Preschool classes within the Lanesboro Elementary School
- Fenced in play yard right outside behind the daycare
- Planned educational activities and field trips
- Reasonable rates
Lanesboro’s Eagle Bluff Nature Preschool
Contact Eagle Bluff to learn more here.
Head Start: Fillmore County
Lanesboro – Eagle Bluff Environmental Center, 28097 Goodview Drive, Lanesboro, MN 55949
Lanesboro Public Schools
Bus rides are available for:
* Medical appointments
* Local businesses
* Senior dining
* Other special requests
Tourism & Recreation
The paved Root River State Trail meanders 42 miles alongside the Root River from Fountain to Houston. Constructed on an abandoned railroad, the trail is generally level and wheelchair accessible except for a steep half-mile segment between Vinegar Ridge and Houston that may be challenging for some visitors.
Arts Campus, Cultural, Spiritual
How fun to step into a City well known at the State of Minnesota’s only art campus, yes, an Arts Campus.
Lanesboro is an economic and community development initiative based on the belief that the arts can transform spaces and define communities.
The Lanesboro Arts Campus is a layered and memorable arts experience integrated into the fabric of Lanesboro that builds on and is designed to enhance and connect existing assets—the river, scenery, recreation, history, and downtown—while extending art into the community.
By utilizing art, design, and history to maintain, strengthen, and link what’s unique and authentic about Lanesboro, the area’s active and engaged community, has made visible progress in stimulating economic growth and improving quality of life.
Not only does Lanesboro offer Lanesboro Arts, but you will also encounter multiple theaters, museums, churches, and cultural centers.
- Do you love history? Learn about Lanesboro’s past.
- Dive Deeper into Community Services. Learn more here.
- Stay up to date on City News, and receive regular updates. Learn more here
- Moving and need a list of local service providers. Learn more here