The Public Hearing for a Variance Request for 18 Beacon Street has been cancelled for Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
The Public Hearing for a Variance request previously scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 18, 2022 for 18 Beacon Street has been canceled at the recommendation of the City Engineer and City Attorney. Additional time is needed to evaluate the request for Variance. A new hearing date will be issued. Notice will be mailed, as well as posted in the Fillmore County Journal.
I would like to also take this opportunity to share the facts of this request:
- In December of 2020 the property owner completed an application for variance as requested by Administration, the application included both setback and height documentation.
- A Public Hearing was held in January of 2021, with no comments received. Notice of the Hearing was printed in the Fillmore County Journal and neighboring residents were sent official notice.
- At the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission the City Council approved the application for variance in February of 2021.
- The notice that was posted for the Public Hearing listed a request for a setback variance. This was a clerical error that should have also listed height, and flood plain. For this reason legal counsel has instructed the process to be completed again, with proper notification from administration.
- Construction for the unit began in the fall of 2021, with completion in the spring of 2022 – which meets the requirements set forth in the Zoning Ordinance according to the issued permit.
- The property owner was requested to get the structure to a point where it was secure, this did mean that the structure was completed to secure it.
- The property owner has completed all of the required documentation, and provided all of the necessary information, as well as worked with the City Office throughout this process. The problem was a clerical error done by administration, not the property owner.
I would encourage anyone that has questions, to please reach out to the City Office, we are happy to answer any questions.
Thank you, Michele Peterson, MCMC, City Administrator/Clerk